Sunday 4 October 2015

Dubai Zoo

Dubai Zoo is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Dubai, UAE. It was built in the year of 1967, with an area of 3.7 acres and consider as oldest zoo in the Arabian peninsula. 

In the year of 1971, Dubai Municipality has took over it's care and since then they have started rebuilding and redesigning the zoo.





Unlike before that there were only big cats, monkeys and few species when it first opened, the dubai zoo which you will experience today is a world away from it used to be. Presently, there are  plenty of unique animals such as arabian wolf  and the gordon's wildcat and some other wild animals includes wild cats, lions, tigers, peacocks and some other more.
                                   


I was wearing a sleeveless when we visited the zoo last year. The  security personnel had stopped me, he said that I should wear an appropriate clothes. So I went back to the car and changed. 




The entrance fee of the zoo is only 2 dirhams. We went in and encountered alot of families inside with their happy kids. I and ozi has enjoyed staring at the little monkeys fighting, lonely gorilla, singing birds, crocodiles and snakes, turtles, peacocks. 

I desired to touched and play with them that time but they were all inside the tight cages. I felt pity for these creature but the space of the zoo is not enough and the expansion is   quiet impossible in the current site. 

Guys it is my first time to see a tiger, lion and a giraffe in my whole life. I've been to one of the zoo in philippines but time didn't permitted me to see these animals.





I've seen people feeding the animals but I'm not sure if  they allow it or not and of course me just enjoyed watching them. Cafeteria is also available inside the zoo if you are hungry.


Now, the zoo population is about 1,000 animals. Zoo has taken in a number of strays and confiscated animals from locals and expats.  



If plan to go, always check the timings, check out the photo above for the schedules. 


Parking is not a problem at all, paid parking is all over the area and you may also park behind the zoo. Having a handkerchief or any small towel is good idea for those people who can't take the smell from the animal manure.



I want to close this blog in a beautiful quote ''The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'' 







No comments:

Post a Comment