Sunday 21 February 2016

A Must SEE Places of RoMe!


It's my first blog for this year 2016 yet it's another overdue post. Travelling to Italy was one of my ultimate wish and I thought it would be just a dream because we were in a low class family but life is unpredictable. Basically it was indeed unimaginable fast travel experienced I ever did. When I received  the schengen visa in March 2015, I only planned to go Austria to spend my 7 days vacation but everything was changed.

My plans were twisted and I decided to buy a ticket going to Rome Italy. I didn't know exactly what to do in those 2 1/2 days because I will be traveling alone but I have a mountains of trust in myself that everything will be fine. Having a short time to spent, I have tripled my time to catch every spot of Rome although the weather was not good. Limited places yet a beautiful memory.

Rome is the capital of Italy, it is also the country's largest and most populated and fourth most populous city in European Union. In 2014, Rome ranked as the 14th most visited city in the world.


BASILICA   (Santa Maria dei angeli e dei martiri )                       
                    

The hotel I stayed on was very close to basilica   Santa Maria dei angeli e dei martiri church. The moment I reached the hotel at 2 P.M , I didn't take a pause to rest, dropped my luggage in my room  and  take the city map from the reception and kick my feet off to the road.


The street was very crowded and unpleasing to see due to some beggars, drunk people and especially there are  signs everywhere '' be careful of the pickpocketers'' however it didn't wept off my interest to explore Rome.




Basilica is considered as one of the oldest church in Rome wherein it's built in the year of 1561. The church is dedicated to the blessed virgin Mary, all the angels and saints.




The beautiful round about infront of the basilica is a perfect place to take some of your time to sit with your friends/ family while seeing the sun goes down with a piece of crocchetta. While I was there I met new friends from India, they are also tourist like me and being a single traveler I needed someone to take a single shot of me and they were the answered to my prayers.

ALTARE DELLA PATRIA


front view 
back view

The weather wasn't that friendly when I visited altare della patria, it rained the whole day. As expected, a lot of people inside taking pictures, couples, friends, and a single travelers like me. I knew it's going to rain but I ignored the heavy dark clouds earlier in order to wander altare della patria. 

Altare della Patria is also known as the Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II is a monument
built in honour of Victor Emmanuel, the first king and he is known as the '' Gentleman King'' of an unifield Italy. 

There is also an authentic outdoor restaurant  in Altare della Patria, the amazing view is a big plus for the diners.

COLOSSEUM


For several hours I waited inside altare della patria hoping for the rain to stop but instead it continued til on. I've decided to take a shoot of the colosseum  -50 meters away from my standing point. This is not my own shot, as much as I wanted to make a clear shot, my camera has a limited functions and enhancer. Anyway in short it was not a good shot ''it's blurred and dark'' so better to kept it privately. 

Colosseum is taken from the name of the emperor nero ''The Colossus''. The Colosseum is also known as the flavian amphitheatre, an oval amphitheatre in the centre of the city of Rome.  

The first day is almost over, I still desire to take another trip however it's getting dark and it's  late for a lady traveler. Before going back my room, I dropped by in the supermarket inside the Termini to purchase some of the goodies & wines.

ST. PETER'S BASILICA



I intently wake up early in the morning so I can visit the St.Peter's Basilica and to utilize the remaining one  night of my tour.What I like most about my hotel is, it is very close to TERMINI (terminal) the biggest terminal station in Rome. 


The suns seems not in a good mood again to shine, and the rain is approaching but I did't stop me at all.  I went to the bus station, buses is reachable outside the termini. It's another busy day and it means another long wait in the station. 


Who is not dreaming to see Vatican City especially st. Peter's Basicala? I believe it is a dream or desire of every people especially the Roman Catholic , isn't it? When I was still living in the Philippines my neighbors and radically my mother has always wanted to be Rome and it never came in my mind that I will fulfill my mom's dream.

Saint Peter's Basilica, the world's largest church, is the center of Christianity inside the Vatican City. The imposing structure was built over a span of more than one hundred years by the greatest Italian architects of the era.

PANTHEON


The Roman Pantheon is the most preserved and influential building of ancient Rome. It is a Roman temple dedicated to all the gods of pagan of  Rome.

Pantheon was in my list to visit, but I have to marked it off, the bad weather was inevitable. This photo is taken from the internet. 



CASTEL SANT ANGELO

This Fortress was built as a mausoleum for the Emperor Hadrian, built it has also been a prison and a papal residence. It was used by former Popes who absconded there for protection in times of danger. There has been a covered passage way which still connects Castel Sant Angelo to The Vatican.




My 2 nights just pass so fast, as much as I want to captured every beautiful historical places in Rome, the time has ended, a sign that I needed to close my lenses for now. Regardless of the people's warning to look after my belongings but  fortunately I am going to finish my first see journey in Rome safely and happily.



Rome is a very old city yet a meaningful historical place to visit, the people I met, the italian delicacies that can be found only in Rome and every scene will last and stay in my heart forever. I will always and love you Italy, I will see you soon again.

1 comment:

  1. Rome has been the home to the Vatican City which has been visited by many religious worshipers it has but aside that their are many tourist attraction to go to when you are in Rome. When visiting Rome you'll need to get a visitor visa but in European countries under Schengen Area it is called Schengen visa. Getting this visa allows you to enter any country affiliated to Schengen territory for up to 90 days.

    ReplyDelete